I am a youth pastor and a car guy I love God and my wife and 2 rad sons.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Cars suck and God is good!

last night, i was at my job when i got a call from my wife, Mandy. She toled me that the 4 wheel drive on the durango wasent working and there was some very loud grinding sounds. CRAAPP! i went over to my sister and brother-in-law's place thismorning to find that somehow the cv (constant velosity) shaft was snaped in 2 pieces! COOL! Never seen that before. The problem is that the truck needs to be on the highway to Bampf on friday. gotta figure out how to do this. That being said, I am so so so glad it dident hapen to Mandy and her Mom on her way to bampf. That would have been very dangerous. Thanks God!

5 Comments:

Blogger Monty P said...

Glad you can see the cool part of a blown cv shaft! Good luck fixing it. I'd give you technical advice on it, but I don't want to look like a know-it-all.

4:24 PM

 
Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

it's fun (?) when vehicles break in odd ways. Not fun to fix them though. My suggestion, don't go to Princess Auto to get the parts, I don't think they carry them.

10:12 PM

 
Blogger Corndog said...

Hi Peter,
I don't know what a CV shaft is... but now that I have read your blog, I know that if a mechanic ever says to me "You broke your CV shaft in 2 places", I can say, "Are you serious, that isn't very common!" Then he will say "OK, you got me, I just need to tihten this bolt... that come to $40"

2:37 PM

 
Blogger Monty P said...

I don't think that you will ever hear a mechanic say, "That comes to $40." They charge that much just to open the garage door.

8:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

remember when you used to update your blog? What else am I supposed to do at 5 minutes till quitting time and I want to waste 5 minutes???

3:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home