I am a youth pastor and a car guy I love God and my wife and 2 rad sons.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

didja like the car Chris?


Here we are at 2:30 in the morning. I am watching a tape of American idol and just saw “Chris” do an interpretation of the Johnny Cash song; “I walk the line!” it was very very good! I need to recalibrait my sleep paterns now LYC is over.
Today I finished the Accord. This car has been hard to finish because of other time constraints. But we are now finished. So here is the list of work done on the car, ahem…

#1 tires
#2 exhaust
#3 electrical gremlins fixed
#4 fixed 1 seized brake caliper
#5 new brake shoes
#6 audio mp3 player and speakers installed
#7 new clutches
#8 body repaired
#9 bumper fascia replaced
#10 front of car painted
#11 new light fixtures
#12 dadblasted horns fixed (Grrr)
#13 dash gages fixed
#14 other stuff I can’t remember.

This car is now a very reliable and good car. So now it sells! I hope. This is work that I love, I get that most people find cars frustrating but I don’t. I dig em. I have planned my next hotrod (I think) it will be an offbrand car (not a mustang or a camero but something odd)(read, cheep) perhaps a valiant. Never done a dodge before. It should be fun. It will be a rat rod of sorts. This means that it will not be painted. It6 will not have any interior except for the steering wheel and gages. No fan, no radio, no wipers no glove box, no carpet or center console, just a ratchet shifter screwed to the floor. Nothing that doesn’t make it faster. I want to se how fast I can go for about 5 grand. Hmmmm yea, thas so nice. This will be fun. I am undecided if I want one seat or seats for 3 *roalbar makes it so there is only a seat for 1 person in the back. This will be a rod that needs almost no upkeep. Original paint, nothing to clean or polish. Just a car to destroy tires! Anyone want a ride?

2 Comments:

Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

There is nothing bad about fast!

10:49 PM

 
Blogger Monty P said...

Hey, Pete. Yup, I like the car. Love it, in fact. Well, as much as you can love a thousand dollar car. I was thinking about calling to confirm that it's really good, and to say thanks for setting everything up and doing so much work with that. Last week was crazy busy, though - busiest I've had in months. I had to introduce myself to Terra one night just so she wouldn't freak out when a stranger got into bed with her.
Anyway, this week should be better, so hopefully I'll call you sometime. And let me know when you have the "rat rod" finished. I want a ride.

4:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home