I am a youth pastor and a car guy I love God and my wife and 2 rad sons.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

2 girls and a dog


I had a new experience today. Actually it was only about 10 minuts ago. My wife, sister-in-law and I were sitting in the basement watching bourn identity and there was a knock at the door. There were 2 small girls standing there. These girls looked to be about 7 yrs old and seemed to be quite pleasant. They looked at me and then asked if it would be ok if they took my dog for a walk! I have never met these girls before; I have never even seen them. They didn’t seem to know me, but this did not seem to be a problem. See, here is the odd thing, I LET THEM TAKE THE DOG! I didn’t ask any questions or even find out there names. I just let them strolled away with a member of the family! It was as if this is to be expected.
My sister-in-law watched this and informed me that this is not an out of the ordinary thing to occur in small town. It is simply a more common thing than I am used to. I have lived in major cities all my life. I have lived in Acton, Georgetown, Regina, Saskatoon, Vancouver, and Calgary. This is the first smaller city I have lived in, if this was to happen in Calgary, there would be no way I would let someone take my dog. You would never see the dog again (or maybe I would, who knows) but in Portage, this is common place it would seem. These very small girls took my very large dog and I watched them go! Awesome! I hope they come back…





They did!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice to have you back Peter

10:37 PM

 
Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

you liar. you would have let a stranger take the dog for a walk in Calgary in the HOPES that they wouldn't bring it back!

4:06 PM

 
Blogger Monty P said...

That's awesome. I'll have to stop by with my boys sometime and ask to take Zelda for a walk....

10:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home