I am a youth pastor and a car guy I love God and my wife and 2 rad sons.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

How I'm Doing


As I lay in bed last night I felt a very strong yearning to pray my way through all of the stresses in my life. I am fairly easygoing but my stress meter is currently in the danger zone. My problem was that even the thought of laying out all of my stresses and simply saying them to God was in and of itself, daunting. Perhaps if I didn't say them they would all go away. However, common sense prevailed and I began to pray. I prayed for a long time. I did not pray anything indepth sometimes just saying a person's name or if that was insufficient, saying their name and then saying situation, as in Chris's situation. Nothing really more indepth, certainly nothing insightful, nor did I find the opportunity to teach God anything. Even with this very simple tactic I found that my prayer was quite long. This can mean only one thing. There is a lot going on in my world. I was no less daunted at the end of the prayer than I was before but I did feel like sleep, for the first time in many days, was a viable option. I drifted off into deep unconsciousness. It while I was sleeping that my mother reminded me in a dream of the best way to interact with God. She said words that I have taught. There was no new ideas but what there was was a very concrete reminder of a very real truth. You see, my dream was about one of my prayers. My prayer had been that God would give me renewed passion to be in his word everyday. The stress came from how do I do this. So I will leave you with my mother's words "Do it like this. Pray, read, pray." Thanks Mom.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

Your mother is a wise woman. Prayin' that your life de-stresses a bit, dude.

5:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home