I am a youth pastor and a car guy I love God and my wife and 2 rad sons.

Friday, July 21, 2006

chips


The cable is out on the TV. I don’t know why I only know that it cut off my favorite episode of Star trek T.N.G. because of this; I am going to update my blog. I am going to see what comes out of my fingertips when I don’t have the slightest plan. Kind of like what I would like to do for vacation this year, just drive in some direction till I feel like stopping, then watch a movie and go to bed in a tent! That would suit me to a T.! I love the ease that follows you around when there is no plan. I find total freedom from schedule as well as gentle randomness very relaxing. However, onetime I got hurt at work and spent 6 months doing nothing more than what I wanted. The first week was awesome. By the second week, I was so board that the thought of going back to some sort of scheduled life like work, was very appealing. It would have been different if I had had unlimited money and someone who also was “free” to spend and do as we wished but alas this was not what the situation was. I was poor, board, and wishing I had something useful to do. I was glad when I had a reason to set the alarm and get up in the morning… for about one week. See there is a difference between working for a living and doing what you love for a living and getting paid. Last night we had company till about 2 am. It was fun but I knew that I needed to work today. I have had jobs that I would have given serous thought to calling in and staying home. This is not something that I consider when at the Church. I love the work I do there. Even though I am in a time of very big transition right now, I still love to spend time preparing for, and interacting with teens. In the past week I have heard from 3 youth pastors that are close to my age, who all have said something similar. They have all mentioned the money that could be made with much less hassle at other jobs. I guess this is true but I honestly can’t think of another job I would want to do near as much as church ministry. I know there are other jobs I could do. I could make a living in sales. I got a job offer yesterday selling home renovation packages. I could do it and I would do well. I don’t wanna. I want to work with teens. I want to work doing God stuff. I don’t care that more money is to be had. This is why I have a rich friend named Chris Ulriksen. He will give me lots of money. Just ask him.
The cable is back on now and I am watching DR. Phil right now and I am eatingchips. This is awesome. DR.Phil seems to be a good guy. I don’t know if he is good at what he does or not but he seems to be a fun guy to know. I like shows like his sometimes. My favorite radio time is night when they do U.F.O. and psychobabble calls in shows. I dig them. Also I like comedy radio but you need satellite radio to get that. I will have it someday I am sure. Well that’s all I got
Bye!

4 Comments:

Blogger Corndog said...

I like what you said abotu youth ministry. I just want to tell you that I have all my songs playing on random, and it seems like 5 or 6 Shania Twain songs have come on in a really short time. It's nuts. As well, I went running without a shirt on tonight. It was nice.

Peter, you need to see my new hobby. It's called free running. It is when you jump around on stuff, and do sweet moves. I will show you when I get back to Calgary.

As well I am driving the '87 Honda Civic. Only one problem... the horn. We can't find the blasted thing. If you know where the horn is on an 87 Honda Civic, please phone me (250) 837-9353. If I am not there, anyone at the house would be happy enough for you to just say "My name is Peter, and the horn on the Honda is ______. Have a nice day"

12:40 AM

 
Blogger Corndog said...

SORRY. The number is (250) 837-9535.

I got the 3's and 5's mixed up last time.

12:41 AM

 
Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

i'm pretty sure the horn is under the hood...

9:28 AM

 
Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

you should update more...

7:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home