I am a youth pastor and a car guy I love God and my wife and 2 rad sons.

Monday, July 17, 2006

drat

Today I did the unthinkable and I went to put the last piece on the S10 to make it drivable. I went to install the electric fan and realign the hood. In order to do this all I needed to pull off the old fan and fabricate some simple mounting brackets. Then bolt on the fan and build a basic positive relay, figure out how to make a tempeture controlled trigger switch (kinda hoping someone makes the tempeture switch, and I can just buy it cuz otherwise I don’t have a clew) then just go see if I can figure out how to kill some tires.
Here is what happened. I noticed that the fan would come out easer if I used my air ratchet. I had to pull off the fan shroud to do this. When the shroud was off I looked at the rad hose and noticed that it was old and could use replacing. So I pulled it off. Then I looked at the lower hose and saw that it was way bad so I pulled it off. This freed up the rad to be pulled out. So I did. Then off came the fan. Now this was the time when most people would have bought the hoses and installed the new fan. I am not the type of person who would do that. No I am the type of person who would then pull off the water pump, all the accessories, and then began to dream what would be cool and before you know it I have picked out an intake manifold, new cam shaft, high flow water pump, sized out the biggest fan that will fit as well as began the search for a nitrous oxide kit. Also I picked out a cowl hood to give me room for a taller intake. This could have been a $25.00 fix but now it will cost many more dollars than that! This is ok cuz cars are cool. So now I will have more tell you about even though Chris and Terra think this is a totall waste of time. All I am saying is they still collect stickers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Monty P said...

Okay, two points.

First, just cuz it's a waste of our time doesn't mean it's a waste of your time. I live vicariously through your cars - it saves me the time, energy and money of trying to do it myself! See, I would been just as intrigued by all the extra stuff as you, but all the time and money would have made me wilt. Just put in the fan and drive the thing.

Second, Terra would be quite offended that you think she collects stickers. That's just me.

I can't wait to see this truck!

1:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home