I am a youth pastor and a car guy I love God and my wife and 2 rad sons.

Monday, January 07, 2008





i am sitting in the basement watching startrek and there is a voice that comes down the staires and booms, "Mr. Ralph, where would you like the car?" now this is interisting because as far as i know there is no one else in the house and i dont own a car except for my mustang and i can see that from where i sit. so after i wet myself i walk up stairs to see who this fantom guy is and what car he is talking about. i get upstairs and see a man that i do not know. i look out the door and there is a 1977 malibu 4 door sitting there. it is blue and i have no idea where the car is from. i dont know quite what to say until i look in the car and see a woman that works at the school attached to the church. it then ocures to me that 4 months when i first got to the church i had asked about this old chev sitting in the parking lot and was told that Barb owned it. i had then mentioned that i would like the motor out of it (i wanted a 350 for a project car) then promptly forgot about the whole thing. well, they bought a new car and brought me there old car. so now i have a car that infact has a 6 cyl and not an 8! so i dont actually want the car or any parts out of it. but it is on my property and i have the bill of sale,(cost of the car was $0.00) and the keys. the car runs awsome and has a great heater. does anyone recognise this car? perhaps if it was red

2 Comments:

Blogger Monty P said...

Nice car. and I laughed about the jeep in the snow bank. I'm constantly amazed by how many people think vehicles are tools rather than toys. A silly perspective if you ask me. I'm presently working to teach my youth how to properly fishtail on ice. Okay, so maybe it's not an official youth project....

9:12 AM

 
Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

so, two posts in a row of situations that were surprises to the people in Portage, but to us that know you well don't even seem remotely out of place. of COURSE someone came and gave you a car that you weren't expecting. And of COURSE you parked on the snowbank. That's what they are there for. It's nice to know that no matter where you go, certain things just don't change.

9:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home