I am a youth pastor and a car guy I love God and my wife and 2 rad sons.

Monday, August 01, 2005

1984 f150 and a C.B Radio


So today I installed a C.B. radio in my f150! Not cuz I wanna talk to truckers (although that will be fun) and not cuz of the return of dukes of hazard (yayyyyy) and really not cuz its cool (it aint and R.P youth will mock me), but rather cuz I don’t care!! I really don’t, this is one of the autos I have owned that I genuinely do not care what it looks like! It is so liberating! I don’t wash it nor do I try to keep it from getting rusty, I simply rejoice in its ability to offend vegetarians. I keep it running well and I make sure it is safe……………. And then I leave it!
I found the C.B. at a garage sale for 3 bucks so I bought it. I took it apart and cleaned it, and then I installed it! Now I am a bonnified hillbilly and I am proud of it. I have installed 4 more lights on it (two front facing and two rear) put glass pack mufflers on it (heh) put tires that are too big on it (mwa har har har ) and now put a C.B. radio in it!!
The trucks name is Dunkin and here is a pic of it!
P.S. did anyone else notice that we haven’t heard from Chris for a loooooong tome and when we finally do hear from him, all he does is complain? Sounds like a bible college student to me. Maybe some day he will grow out of it I hope.

3 Comments:

Blogger Papa Scott said...

I thought you discovered you were a hillbilly the day we took the working TV off of the not working TV.

11:21 PM

 
Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

CB Radios are a good thing. No shame there. And at least you don't have a non working car in your yard anymore. At least this week.

1:30 PM

 
Blogger Monty P said...

Haven't heard fromme ina long time? Is it just me, or have I called you twice in the last week? Aw, Peter misses me! Suck it up! :)

8:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home