I am a youth pastor and a car guy I love God and my wife and 2 rad sons.

Friday, May 26, 2006

congrats Chris and Terra

My boss (Dave Brotherton) said to me that he was going to ask me to do something that I had no ability to say no to! Well, it’s good to know where you stand with what needs to be done. He said I needed to, for seven days make a consorted point to look at EVERY thing I do and ask how I can do it to be living for God! How cool is that! Let me put this in to perspective. Today I drove in to work (the church) and on the way I asked God to show me how to drive “for him!” not just in a manor that is glorifying TO him, but actually for him. See, I know how to drive in a glorifying manor, that is very plain in the bible. The bible talks about following mans law and mans law outlines how to drive. So this cant be what I talking about, rather im driving for the Glory of God. Merriam-Webster online Dictionary defines “Glory” as a : praise, honor, or distinction extended by common consent : RENOWN b : worshipful praise, honor, and thanksgiving . This means that That I’m driving can be a symbol of praise.
I is now 10:50 am and I am typing, eating donuts, listening to Steppenwolf and Crazy horse how can I do this so that it is living for you God? So that if people saw this it would be part of the reason they know I am a person who is in constant contact with you? Please show me. Amen

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave is a pretty awesome guy...I love how he will challenge people at seemingly random times.
Thats something we could probably use more in life...

so, I realized the other day that:
1. I don't have your email address...
2. that posses a slight problem...(unless you would rather I use your blog as a means of contact :)

I don't think I'm on the mailing list for youth info,
and would like to get my hands on the information for the outdoor games time that was mentioned at the youth wrap-up.
I'm not sure how many weeks I'd actually be able to attend, since summer plans are soon to hit, but it would be good to have the information just in case.

My email address is : alona_kalanit@hotmail.com

Take care Peter, I pray you continue with Dave's challenge, its a good one.

ashleigh

4:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home