I am a youth pastor and a car guy I love God and my wife and 2 rad sons.

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

no parking?

i spent Monday morning driving to a town called Brandon. it is a hr and a bit away, and boasts both a passport office and the worst princes auto i have ever been in. but for my purposes it was the passport office i would be needing. i chose Brandon because of its small population in comparison to Winnipeg. so i drive down and park at a meter. i then run inside and take a number and a chair. i am only there for 4 minutes. i know this because i have a stopwatch on my wristwatch, and i have been timing all passport related appointments. it seems that getting passports has been a time intensive thing for some people and i am interested in what my experience will be. anyhow, 4 minutes later they call my number and i walk up to a woman behind a counter. the asks for my paperwork and pictures. i have both. one of the questions on my passport is "do you have a trip planed?" my answer is yes. the lady asks me when i will be leaving? i say 8 weeks. this now causes a problem because it will take 8 weeks to get the passport back ............... they send me to Winnipeg!
i see a sign that states NO PARKING. I park anyway run in with my stopwatch going and am back in my jeep in 17 minutes. i get my passport in 2 weeks.




no parking indeed!

1 Comments:

Blogger Papa Scott said...

Wow! Breaking the law to comply with the law. How do you sleep at night?

8:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home