I am a youth pastor and a car guy I love God and my wife and 2 rad sons.

Monday, February 04, 2008

super bowl party

Last night we had a super bowl party at my home! 26 teens in the basement with only a small biblestuddy and a football game to entertain us. About a quarter of the people were into the game and the rest were left to entertain themselves. We had great conversation times and two 7-11 runs! We talked dating and mating, we talked boys and girls, we talked house building and car hotroding, and we talked stereos and subwoofers. but we also talked about broken homes and "real dads and fake dads!" there real dads being the jerks (I has badder words typed out first but deleted them) who left there kids with a now single mom, and the "fake Dads" who came in married the moms and are doing there dead level best to raise healthy happy kids! So here is the moral. Go home and hug your dads!



Sometimes teens don’t see very clearly.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

I miss 7-11 runs! And I don't like real dads that run out, and I particularly admire 'fake Dads' who come in and have one of the hardest possible 'jobs' ever. I can't hug my dad right now, sadly. I'll have to cyber-hug him. Not on facebook, though. He does not have a facebook.

2:14 AM

 
Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

and happy birthday

2:17 AM

 
Blogger Monty P said...

Wow. That's a late birthday greeting. I'd mock you more but mine was almost as late.

Sounds like a good time. We only had four out on Friday for our youth event (we expected that), but we had a fantastic time connecting with them, with some of the same discussion topics, minus the fake and true dads one. Good to hear.

12:35 PM

 
Blogger Darrell Sarafinchan said...

don't you ever update your blog?

9:19 AM

 
Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

Super Bowl's long over, dude. Time to let us know what else is going on. Also, I want a slurpee.

3:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home