I am a youth pastor and a car guy I love God and my wife and 2 rad sons.

Saturday, February 21, 2009






i was sitting in my office when a teen in my youth group walked in and asked me if i wanted his go-cart. now i have been at his place and i could only think of one go-cart. it is hag, nasty, beat, and otherwise trash. it would need a ton of cash to fix and even if i did fix it i would have nothing i could actually do with it. so naturally i was all set to say "yes I would like it" but i just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing some little detail that would make this go-cart a silly idea. i asked what go-cart is it you are referring to? my buddy replied the green and black one. .............................................. hold the phone, the one i was thinking about was red. hmmmm, what the heck is up?!! then it begins to dawn on me that there is another thing that could be called a go-cart if you were using the word in the broadest sense of the term. kinda like calling Kraft dinner Italian cuisine. this beast used to be a trike but got the front end cut off and a frame with front wheels and a seat welded on. then it has some pedals , a clutch and a gearshift. DID YOU HEAR ME? IT HAS A GEAR SHIFT! it has a transmission! so i instantly said yes and kissed him right on the lips. (did I or is it a joke?) it is capable of 50mph. this is verified by my buddies dad (who actually owned it until his wife told him to clean up the yard so that means that the youth pastor gets free toys!) he said it goes 50mph and i am gonna make it go 50! i have taken delivery of it, have cleaned out the carb, reseated the tires, fixed the choke, fixed the steering, (the steering wheel is off an airplane) and built a seat. tomorrow i get new gas and try to start it. then we play. now go look at the pictures and drool!

5 Comments:

Blogger Papa Scott said...

At no time was I shocked to hear that you would say yes to what you first described as a bad idea.

More people need to clean out their yards so that youth Pastors get fun stuff.

Chris will be so jelous. Or not care. he seems to waffle between those points! ;)

cobilli

6:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice... enjoy but please stay alive!

9:12 PM

 
Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

screw 'enjoy but stay alive'. Blaze of glory, man. Blaze of glory!

10:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very funny - but I agree with "Anonymous" - "don't get dead"

12:23 PM

 
Blogger Pants since 1986 said...

it needs racing stripes and flames!

7:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home